Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Karma...

Today, I was discussing karma with my friend Stephen. He is currently unlucky in love. I am currently unlucky in my professional life. Is is karma? Or is karma just a good excuse to reason with a crappy situation?

Stephen, a young, handsome, creative soul, is unlucky in love. He admits to not being an angel in past relationships, and now feels he is suffering from his "Karma". I say he is just in the wrong place at the wrong time to find love.

I, am coming to the end of my career. I have been in too many relationships where I just turned and walked away because I was bored. I got lazy and wasn't getting my way, so I booked! Professionally, I had 15 years really easy, and the last 2 have been that challenge that I really craved. I finally got what I asked for, and I took advantage of the ease of the situation. Now, I am working 10 times harder than I did before, with less reward. Is is "Karma?" I say no. My particular situation was my own creation and now I am paying the consequences for being so lazy when I should have been striving for better.

Do I believe in karma? Yes, I do. I believe that if you are a good person, good things will happen to you. That helps me get out of bed every morning.

Now, if karma would just work FOR me. After daily 3 mile runs, if I could be thin and cute again...I would definitely pass a little good "karma" via my MasterCard towards the wonderful workers at Nordstrom in hopes that they would have a good day too...

No comments: